UGC NET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the below given UGC NET 2020 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam:
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate should own Master’s degree or its equivalent from a board or university recognized by UGC.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have secured minimum of 55% marks (50% for ST/SC/OBC /PwD) in the Master’s degree in streams such as Social Science, Humanities, Computer Science & Applications and Electronic Science.
- Appearing Candidate: Candidates who are in their final year of qualifying exam can also apply.
- There is no age limit for the position of Assistant Professor. However, in case of JRF the age of the applicant must not be more than 30 years as on January 1, 2020. 5 years of relaxation is given to reserved candidates.
- For LLM Degree possessing candidates, 3 years of age relaxation will be given.
- Candidates, who have served in the armed forces, will be given 5 years of age relaxation.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor):
- Candidates must clear their NET/SLET/SET exam in order to be eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in various Universities or institutions.
- Candidates successfully clearing their SET before June 1, 2002 recognized by UGC will be exempted to appear in the exam.
- Candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination earlier than the year 1989 are exempted to appear for the test.
- Candidates who are awarded with a PhD Degree by UGC as per the minimum standards and process for the award will be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SET/SELT for appointment as Assistant Professor in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the complete UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern below, before starting you exam preparation:
- Exam Date: UGC NET 2020 Exam will be conducted in the second week of July 2020 for July Session and third week of December 2020 for December Session.
- Exam Mode: The entrance test will be organized in Online CBT mode.
- Number of Papers: There will be two papers for the exam – Paper I and Paper II.
- Number of Questions: Total of 150 questions will be there in the exam paper. 50 questions in Paper I and 100 questions in Paper II.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple choice type questions.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be available in the medium language of English and Hindi.
- Time Duration: Paper I will be of 1 hour duration while Paper II will be of 2 hours.
- Total Marks: Paper 1 will be of 100 marks and Paper II will be of 200 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 2 marks will be given. There will be no provision of negative marking for incorrect answer.
Check the distribution of questions and marks for various papers in the below given table:
||Number of Questions
UGC NET 2020 Syllabus
UGC NET 2020 Syllabus for Paper I and Paper II can be checked by the candidates through online mode. It will vary as per the subjects chosen by the candidate at the time of registration.
Paper I of UGC NET 2020 will contain questions of generic nature, intending to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the students. This paper will test the candidate’s knowledge in reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness.
Paper II of UGC NET 2020, will contain various topics from the subjects selected by the candidates. The topics will be related to Bachelors and Masters level syllabus.
UGC NET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check below the complete details of UGC NET 2020 Application Form:
- The Online Application Form of UGC NET 2020 will be released on 16th March 2020 for the June session exam and in the first week of September 2020 (December Session).
- Candidates can fill the application form by following various steps – Online Registration, Filling the application form, uploading of scanned images and payment of application fee.
- Last date to fill the application form online is till 16th April 2020 for the June exam and in the last week of September 2020 for December Session.
- Candidates can also correct mistakes in the details of the application form when the board will open the correction facility.
Applicants have to pay the below application fee as per their categories:
- For General Candidates – Rs.1000
- For OBC- NCL Candidates – Rs.500
- For ST/SC/PwD Candidates – Rs.250
Mode of Payment: Applying candidates can pay the application fee through debit/credit card or E-Challan at the nearest ICICI/Syndicate Bank/Canara Bank.